SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS PRODUCED IN THE LAST 10 YEARS BY THE FOUNDERS OF GEOSOCIAL
Tectonic and gravity-induced deformation along the active Talas-Fergana Fault, Tien Shan, Kyrgyzstan. TECTONOPHYSICS, vol. 657, pag. 38-62.
Holocene displacement field at an emerged oceanic transform-ridge junction: the Husavik-Flatey Fault – Gudfinnugja Fault system, North Iceland. JOURNAL OF STRUCTURAL GEOLOGY, vol. 75, pag. 118-134.
Structural geology of active tectonic areas and volcanic regions. 219 pages. Lulu Press Incorporated, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA. ISBN 9781326188184
Italian news coverage of radiation in the early decades of the twentieth century: A qualitative and quantitative analysis. PUBLIC UNDERSTANDING OF SCIENCE, September 3, 2014, doi: 10.1177/0963662514548135.
Dykes, Sills, Laccoliths and Inclined Sheets in Iceland. ADVANCES IN VOLCANOLOGY, Springer International Publishing, Switzerland. DOI: 10.1007/111.57_2014_1.
– Evaluation of earthquake-induced strain in promoting mud eruptions: the case of Shamakhi-Gobustan-Absheron area, Azerbaijan. Natural Hazards, in press.
– Spatial distribution and structural analysis of vents in the Lunar Crater Volcanic Field (Nevada, USA). BULLETIN OF VOLCANOLOGY, DOI: 10.1007/s00445-014-0877-8
– An innovative application of the Kinect in Earth sciences: quantifying deformation in analogue modelling of volcanoes. TERRA NOVA, DOI: 10.1111/ter.12096.
– The diverging volcanic rift system. TECTONOPHYSICS, vol. 611, pag. 94-113.
– Earthquake-induced static stress change on magma pathway in promoting the 2012 Copahue eruption. TECTONOPHYSICS, vol. 608, pag. 127-137.
– Public health benefits and risks of fish consumption: current scientific evidence v. media coverage. PUBLIC HEALTH NUTRITION, vol. 16, 1885-1892.
– Structure of regional dykes and local cone sheets in the Midhyrna-Lysuskard area, Snaefellsnes Peninsula (NW Iceland). Bulletin of Volcanology, 75:764.
– Space-time variations of stresses in the Miocene-Quaternary along the Calama-Olacapato-El Toro fault zone, Central Andes. Tectonophysics, 593, 33–56.
– Indications of Late Medieval Earthquakes in the Talas-Fergana Fault Zone, Tien Shan. Geotectonics, 47, 6, 444-453.
– An integrated field-numerical approach to assess slope stability hazards at volcanoes: the example of Pacaya, Guatemala. Bulletin of Volcanology, 75, 720.
– Understanding Etna flank instability through numerical models. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Resource, 251, 112-126.
– Quantifying the effect of large earthquakes in promoting eruptions due to stress changes on magma pathway: The Chile case. Tectonophysics, 583, 54–67.
– Elastic stress interaction between faulting and volcanism in the Olacapato-San Antonio de Los Cobres area (Puna plateau, Argentina). Global and Planetary Change, 90–91, 104–120.
– How do the media affect public perception of climate change and geohazards? An Italian case study. Global and Planetary Change, 90-91, 152-157.
– The association of cone–sheets and radial dykes: Data from the Isle of Skye (UK), numerical modelling, and implications for shallow magma chambers. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 339-340, 46-56.
– Quaternary tectonics in the central Interandean Valley, Ecuador: Fault-propagation folds, transfer faults and the Cotopaxi Volcano. Global and Planetary Change.
– Coupled Deep Earth and surface processes and their impact on geohazards Review Article Global and Planetary Change, 90–91, 1-19.
– Identifying rift zones on volcanoes: an example from La Réunion island, Indian Ocean. Bulletin of Volcanology, 73, 3, 347-366.
– New insights into the cone sheet structure of the Cuillin Complex, Isle of Skye, Scotland. Journal of the Geological Society, 168, 689-704.
– Mitigating the consequences of extreme events on strategic facilities: Evaluation of volcanic and seismic risk affecting the Caspian oil and gas pipelines in the Republic of Georgia. Journal of Environmental Management, 92, 1774-1782.
– Parameters of the strong paleoearthquakes along the Talas-Fergana Fault, the Kyrgyz Tien Shan. In “Earthquake Research and Analysis”, InTech book, ISBN: 978-953-307-656-0.
– Geologia strutturale, tecniche paleosismologiche e datazioni OSL applicate all’analisi delle deformazioni quaternarie in Val Bregaglia (Alpi Centrali).. In: Aldighieri B., Mazzoleni G., Sfondrini G., Pasquaré G.. La Valchiavenna: un bacino pilota per il controllo dell’ambiente alpino. pag. 197-205, Milan: CNR, ISBN: 9788886596121.
– A new geological map of Stromboli volcano (Tyrrhenian Sea, Italy) based on application of lithostratigraphic and UBS units. Geol. Soc. Am., Special Publ.
– Volcanism in reverse and strike-slip fault settings. In: New Frontiers in Integrated Solid Earth Sciences, Editors: S. Cloetingh, J. Negendank, Springer-Verlag, 315-348.
– Setting the scene for self destruction: From sheet intrusions to structural evolution of rifted volcanoes. Geosphere, 6, 2, 1-22.
– Erionite: analisi preliminare alla valutazione di una potenziale esposizione per i lavoratori italiani. Riv. Infort.. Malat. Profes., XCVI, 1, 143-154.
– Deformation of Stromboli Volcano (Italy) during the 2007 eruption revealed by radar interferometry, numerical modelling and structural geological field data. Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Resource, 182, 3–4, 182-200.
– Subaerial-submarine evidence of structures feeding magma to Stromboli Volcano, Italy, and relations with edifice flank failure and creep. Tectonophysics, 469, 112–136.
– Miocene-Quaternary structural evolution of the Uyuni-Atacama region, Andes of Chile and Bolivia. Tectonophysics, 471, 114-135.
– Geological-structural framework of Stromboli Volcano, past collapses, and the possible influence on the events of the 2002-03 crisis. In: S. Calvari, S. Inguaggiato, G. Puglisi, M. Ripepe, M. Rosi (Eds.) The Stromboli Volcano: an integrated study of the 2002-2003.
– Tectonics of the Nisyros resurgent caldera, Greece, by field and marine data, and analogue modelling. Journal of Structural Geology, 30, 1489-1506.
– Discovery of a huge sector collapse at the resurgent caldera of Nisyros, Greece, by onshore and offshore geological-structural data. Journal Volcanology Geothermal Research, 177, 485-499.
– Faulting-assisted lateral collapses and influence on shallow magma feeding system at Ollagüe volcano (Central Volcanic Zone, Chile-Bolivia Andes). Journal Volcanology Geothermal Research, 171, 137-159.
– Contractional tectonics and magma paths in volcanoes. Journal Volcanology Geothermal Research, 176, 291-301.
– A new mode of inner volcano growth: The “flower intrusive structure”. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 271, 202-208.
– Strike-slip fault tectonics and the emplacement of sheet-laccolith systems: The Thverfell case study (SW Iceland). Journal of Structural Geology, 30, 274-290.
– What does it guide sheet intrusion in volcanoes? Petrological and structural characters of the Stromboli sheet complex, Italy. Journal Volcanology Geothermal Research, 173, 26-54.
– Influence of substrate tectonic heritage on the evolution of volcanoes: predicting sites of flank eruptions, lateral collapses, and erosion. Global Planetary Change, 61, 151–174.
– Structure of a sheet-laccolith system revealing the interplay between tectonic and magma stresses at Stardalur Volcano, Iceland. Journal Volcanology Geothermal Research, 161, 131-150.
– Late Quaternary kinematics, slip-rate and segmentation of a major Cordillera-parallel transcurrent fault: The Cayambe-Afiladores-Sibundoy system, NW South America. Journal Structural Geology, 29, 664-680.
– Quaternary deformations along the Engadine-Gruf tectonic system, Swiss-Italian Alps. Journal of Quaternary Science, 23, 475-487.
– Dark Nature. Quaternary International, 173-174, 1-3.
– Geological hazards, disasters and the media: The italian case study. Quaternary International, 173-174, 166-171.
– An integrated structural and petrochemical approach to unravel dyke injection conditions and volcano flank instability at Stromboli (Italy). In: Thomson K. (Ed.) Physical geology of subvolcanic systems: Laccoliths, Sills, and Dykes. Visual Geosciences, 11-14.
– Extensional tectonics and volcano lateral collapses: insights from Ollague volcano (Chile-Bolivia) and analogue modelling. Terra Nova.
– Interaction between volcanoes and their basement. J. Volcanology and Geothermal Research, 158, 1-5.
– Trenching studies of active faults in Kamchatka, eastern Russia: Palaeoseismic, tectonic and hazard implications. Tectonophysics, 417, 3-4, 285-304.
– Basement fracture control on type, distribution, and morphology of parasitic volcanic cones: an example from Mt. Etna, Italy. In: Tibaldi A. and Lagmay M. (eds.), “Interaction between Volcanoes and their Basement”, J. Volcanology and Geothermal Research, Special issue, 158, 177–194
– Effects of basement structural and stratigraphic heritages on volcano behaviour and implications for human activities. Episodes, 28, 3, 158-170.
– Physical and mechanical properties of rock masses at Stromboli: a dataset for flank instability evaluation. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment, 64, 419-31.
– Stability of a collapsing volcano (Stromboli-Italy): limit equilibrium analysis and numerical modelling. In: Gudmundsson A., Acocella V. (eds.) “The Tectonics and Physics of Volcanoes”, J. Volcanology and Geothermal Research, Special issue, 144, 1-4, 191-210.
– Propagation of strike-slip faults across Holocene volcano-sedimentary deposits, town of Pasto, Colombia. J. Struct. Geol., 27, 1838-1855.
– Dike propagation driven by volcano collapse: A general model tested at Stromboli, Italy. Geophysical Research Letters, 32, L08308.
– Volcanism in compressional settings: is it possible? Geophys. Res. Lett. 32, L06309.
– A new type of volcano flank failure: the caldera sector collapse, Ischia, Italy. Geophys. Res. Lett.
– Recent surface faulting investigated in Kamchatka volcanic arc. EOS, Transact. Am. Geophys. Un., 85, 14, 133-141.
– A giant deep-seated slope deformation in the Italian Alps studied by paleoseismological and morphometric techniques. Geomorphology, 58, 27–47.
– Nuovi contributi alla ricostruzione della stratigrafia vulcanica dell’area di Capo Passero, Sicilia Sud-orientale, nel quadro del vulcanismo del Cretacico superiore nel Plateau Ibleo. Boll. Soc. Geol. Italiana, 123, 275-289.
– Major changes in volcano behaviour after a sector collapse: insights from Stromboli, Italy. Terra Nova, 16, 2-8.