We are engaged in Science communication and outreach activities, with the purpose of raising public awareness of Earth-Science related risks and resources.
In this section we post news regarding our participation in scientific and media conferences and workshops, integrated by details on the presentations we give about our research, both in the field of Earth Sciences, as well as Science Communication.
– Invited lecture by Prof. A. Tibaldi: “The new challenges of technological innovation: Natural Hazards”. November 19, Milan State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
– Invited lecture by Dr. Federico Pasquaré Mariotto “Climate and geological risks between science and communications”. November 26, Civic Library of Luino (VA).
– Invited lecture by Dr. Marco A. Paolini: “Witchcraft, superstition and religion in everyday life between the Middle Ages and the Renaissance”. Parco delle Gole della Breggia, Switzerland, September 7, 2014, h. 15.00.
–Invited lecture by Prof. Alessandro Tibaldi: “Uplift of the Alps, past and present”. Parco delle Gole della Breggia, Switzerland, September 11, 2014, h. 20.30.
– Invited lecture by Prof. Federico Pasquaré Mariotto: “The role of the print media in the coverage of geological and climate risks”. Parco delle Gole della Breggia, Switzerland, September 25, 2014, h. 20.30.
Invited lecture by Dr. Marco A. Paolini: “Landowners and farmers between the XI and XIII Centuries”. Parco delle Gole della Breggia, Switzerland, May 31, 2014.
– Invited Key-note lecture by Prof. Alessandro Tibaldi: “Volcano plumbing system geometry: the result of multi-parametric effects”, at European Geoscience Union Assembly, Session GMPV33/TS3.5 Physics of Volcano Plumbing Systems. April 30, 2014.
– Invited lecture by Prof. Federico Pasquaré Mariotto: “Geological hazards between science reality and media representation”. Bank of Bergamo, Luino (VA), April 24, 2014.